We MUST have a good phone number to reach you for the WEEK OF SURGERY! (Please let us know if that number changes).
Safest is NOTHING to eat or drink 8 hours prior to surgery time. Answers to common concerns of parents may be found here.
If your child DOES have anything by mouth on the day of surgery, PLEASE inform us immediately,
- Comfy clothes
- NO footie pajamas
- Socks are optional
- Diapers OK
- Comfort items are encouraged (blanket, stuffed animal, etc.)
- Parents are NOT allowed in operatory on surgery day
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your child’s surgery start time
- Children can be upset after waking up from general anesthesia. Parents will be escorted into the back area upon completion of surgery
- Kids can eat (soft foods) immediately after surgery – or when they are ready
- Surgery is always in our Anacortes office – 1204 18th Street
The surgery date you’ve been given is accurate.
The surgery time will not be decided until a few days prior.
PLEASE call us at any time with questions or concerns. 360-588-8238